Monday, November 01, 2004

Chapter 2

Chapter Two

It was the first night following my embrace. I was still very dazed and
confused. My sire assured me that it was perfectly normal for someone who
hadn't had their first feeding yet, and that it would soon pass.

He was right; shortly after we'd risen and gotten dressed he informed me that it
was time for breakfast.

The sky still had a slight reddish tinge to the west as we left the house. With
some admitted trepidation I followed my sire to a place that I had always heard
of as being where the homeless and derelicts lived under the roadway.

I was so engrossed in the way everything looked at night with my new vision that
the embrace gave me, that I had failed to notice that my sire had brought a
couple of bags of groceries with us.

When we came to a spot where a drainage creek ran under the road, we started
down the bank to go under the street. I was amazed at the number of people that
where all huddled together down here trying to keep each other safe and warm in
the cooling night air.

One of them spotted us and alerted the others to our presence. The throng
quickly moved toward us and encircled us the way that the pigeons do at the park
when they know that you have bread for them.

"These are my friends," my sire informed me, "we have a symbiotic relationship.
I bring them food, clothes, blankets, and what ever else they might need to stay
healthy, and they allow me to take small amounts of their blood to keep me
healthy."

"You are also welcome to join in this relationship, but be warned, you are only
to take a small amount from them or they will become sick and die. The Prince
has declared that the mortal population of this city is not to be harmed. The
Kindred population of the city is growing to fast, if the mortal population
should start to decline then there would not be enough blood to support our
population. Do you understand what I'm telling you Geri?"

"Yes sire," I replied. "When will I get to meet the Prince or some others of
our kind?"

"You met the Prince last night, though I doubt you remember him. Tonight, the
Toreador Elder is throwing a party."

"And we've been invited?" I inquired, as I love to party, or at least I hoped I
still did, I know I did when I was still mortal.

"Not exactly," he said, "but it is expected for me to crash the party, it just
wouldn't be the same if I didn't. Besides, the Prince will be there and it will
be as good a time as any for me to introduce you to the Prince as well as the
rest of the elders that will be in attendance."

"So you're saying that we are just going to crash the party?" this was sounding
better by the minute.

"But of course, it's about the only way that members of our clan can ever really
go to these big fancy events. Besides, if we didn't show up to throw some life
into the party, it would all be so boring that those stuffed shirts would
probably see final death from the boredom." He chuckled.

"But first, you need to feed before you frenzy from the lack of blood in your
system." he called a young boy over who looked to be about 14. "This is Joseph,
he's one of my favorites here because his blood is so sweet and pure." He gave
Joseph a hug and ever so gently and carefully bit his neck just below the right
jaw where the fresh oxygenated blood travels from the heart up to the brain. He
took only a couple of sips and then licked the bite marks with his tongue.

I stood there in amazement as I watched the wounds heal before my eyes to leave
no trace of the spot where he had bit him. "Always remember to lick the wound
so that it will close and the person will not lose any more blood. It also
helps so that if any other mortals happen across one of these there will be no
mark. These people know about us and keep our secret. But there are others who
would see us destroyed if they knew of our existence. Now it is your turn to
pick one for your breakfast."

I looked around and noticed a young handsome man standing in the back eating a
chunk of bread and drinking some wine. "Who's that?" I asked indicating the
young man.

"Nice choice," my sire said with a Cheshire cat grin on his face, "I see that
you have an eye for beauty that could rival the Toreador Elders. That's Armond;
he's a good strong one and can give you a good bit of blood for your first
feeding." He called to Armond and motioned for him to join us. "Armond, this
is Geri, he has just awakened this night and has not yet had his first meal and
he has chosen you to be his first, so I want you to take it easy on him as he
has not yet learned what his strengths are."

I could not understand why my master was telling this BOY to be easy on ME!
Well, I was soon to discover, to my delight, what he had meant.

I had thought that it was my job, as the vampire, to initiate the feeding
process, but Armond pulled me off to one side into a shadowed corner away from
everyone else. He then proceeded to instruct me in the fine art of seduction
and ways of a vampire. Now I had never had anything to do with other guys up to
this point, but Armond was actually seducing me, and I was enjoying it. He
proceeded to work on my neck as if HE was feeding from ME. I could not believe
that I was actually enjoying this. But I actually caught myself thinking that I
wished he would never stop. Finally I could take it no longer. I reversed on
him and clamped down on his neck. The blood that flowed into my mouth had a
metallic taste, but was intoxicatingly sweet at the same time. I drank slowly,
savoring the flavor of every drop that eased from his neck.

Armond must have started to feel weak from the loss of blood, but he still had
enough strength to push me away before I could take too much. "Don't forget to
lick the wound." He reminded me.

I was shaking from the extreme pleasures that I had just experienced, but was
able to regain myself enough to lick the spot on his neck were I had just
suckled from. I watched in amazement as the two holes on the side of his neck
closed up and vanished to leave no telling of our time together.

As I said before, I had never been with another guy before this night in
anything that even remotely could be construed as sexual. But now I never
wanted to leave this beauty that had opened my eyes to whole new possibilities.
I pulled him close and gave him a hug, "I'm sorry that I didn't stop sooner."

"It's ok. What happened is normal for someone who has just awoken and is
feeding for the first time. Very often they get so drawn into the intoxicating
effects of the blood that they don't stop in time and end up killing the vessel.
Luckily, I have experience and knew when to push you away."

"I have never been with another guy before," I told him, "but what you just did
to me was so erotic that I actually found myself wishing that it would never
end. I wonder if my master would give me permission to embrace you so that I
could spend eternity with you."

Armond didn't even look shocked at my statement of desire for him. "Well, first
of all it is not your sires place to give you permission to embrace a mortal and
bring them across, that is the sole privilege of the Prince. Second, I have
already been promised to the Toreador Elder."

"Oh." I said feeling kind of rejected.

"But that's ok Geri, just because you're Malkavian and I'm going to be Toreador,
does not mean that we can no longer see each other. It's not like our two clans
are fighting with each other the way that the Brujah and the Gangrel constantly
are."

I had no idea what he was talking about, but just the thought of being able to
still see him made me happy to no end.

"Has Pasteur not taught you the traditions and laws of Kindred society yet?"


"Nope, but we really haven?t had any time to sit and talk yet this evening."

"Geri!" Came the voice of my master, "Come on, we need to be going now, the
night isn't getting any younger you know!"

"You'd better get going," Armond told me, "you don't want to make old Pasteur
Mad. And don't forget to ask him about the traditions and laws. He can be a
bit scatter-brained at times."

I gave Armond one last hug and a kiss before hurrying over to where my master
was waiting patiently for me.

"Come along Geri, we don't want to be more than `stylishly' late for the dear
Toreador Elders party, now do we?" And with that we left. All the while I was
hoping that I would be able to be with Armond again.

-End Chapter-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home