Monday, November 01, 2004

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

We stayed at the 'party' for a few more hours before we got bored and left.

"Where are we going now?" I asked my sire.

"No place in particular. Is there any place you would like to go to?"

"Well, I do have one question. What about my parents and my things at home?"

"Ahh, yes. That can be a sticky situation. As far as your parents are
concerned, probably the best thing would be to fake your death and let them lay
you to rest and put everything behind them."

"WHAT?" I couldn't believe what he was saying.

"Well, how else are you going to uphold the masquerade? It would be extremely
difficult for you to stay at home and explain sleeping all day in a darkened
room, and being gone all night."

"How about I just leave them a note and let them think that I've run away?"

"If that's the course you would rather take, then it is a viable option. As for
your possessions, I suppose we could go by and get what you want and take them
to my place. It would be best that you move in with me for the foreseeable
future any way."

"Ok, then that's the route I want to take. It would be better for them to think
that I'm still alive then to break their hearts thinking that I'm dead."

"Here's another question for you," I asked. "How do we afford to have a house
and everything if we can't go out during the day to have a job? Cause even
working 3rd shifts you don't always get off work before sunrise, I know."

"Excellent question, some of us have investments that pay out each month into
checking accounts. Still others have servants, or ghouls, that work during the
day to bring in the money. So long as you live with me though, you will not
have to worry about money. Kindred society does not use money the way that
mortal society does. We only need it to interact with the mortals."

"Ok, I think I understand."

"Good. Now is there anything you want to get tonight before we go home?"

"Not that I can think of. Will I have my own room and bed, or stay in yours?"

"That's your choice. There are plenty of rooms at the manor."

"If it's ok with you, I'd like to sleep with you for now."

"That will be fine. I know that this is your first night as one of us, so there
is something else you might not realize. Sexuality between Kindred is not the
same as between mortals. We do not view things so much as Straight, Gay or Bi.
We just are. In my life time I have had many lovers, both male and female. I
have loved them all equally."

I had never considered myself anything but straight, but after being with Armond
earlier, I have not been able to get him out of my mind. I could not wait to be
able to be with him again. I have never felt like this about anyone before. I
had dated some girls in school, but this was different. I don't know if it was
him or the change in me from becoming a vampire. All I know was that I wanted to be with him, to hold him, and kiss him. I had no idea if he might feel the same way, but I hoped.

"I have never had feelings for another guy before tonight. But ever since I fed
off Armond, I have not been able to get him out of my mind."

Pasteur smiled at me. "Would you like to see him again before we head home?"

"Can we?"

"I don't see why not."

I couldn't believe it, I was actually excited to go see another boy. This was
deffinately a night of firsts for me.

We went down to the spot under the bridge where we had been earlier, but I didn't
see him anywhere. I spotted Joseph and called him over, "Have you seen Armond?"

"Not in a while. He probably walked off somewhere, he tends to that. You might check at Michaels."

"We just left there and I never saw him." My excitement was starting to seriously slip from my mind. "Well, if you see him, tell him that I was looking for him."

"Ok, I will, though I don't know when I'll see him or hear from him."

I went back to where Pasteur was waiting for me talking to some of the others that were there. "Ok, I guess we can go home, he's not here."

Pasteur put his arm around my shoulders to try and comfort me. "I guess I should have warned you that Armond is a bit of a wanderer. It's not uncommon for him to be gone for days or weeks on end."

Just what I needed to hear. I had this ache in my heart that I had never felt before, and now I hear that it might be days or weeks before the one cure for that ache might be seen again.

We walked slowly home in silence.

---Armonds Perspective---

I could not believe what had happened. I had let several of the Kindred feed from me before, but it was nothing like tonight.

I think Pastuer said his name was Geri.

While the whole feeding process was usually very errotic, tonight was different.
Maybe it was the age of the boy, or something else. I just didn't know. But I have never felt like this before. Ever since he and Pasteur had left, I have not been able to think of anything or anyone but him.

I wandered around for several hours trying to figure out what was going on. I finally came to the realization that I was actually in love with this creature of the night. I never thought it would or could happen, but it was the only explination for what I was feeling. It HAD to be love.

I remembered hearing Pastuer say something about them going to Micheals party tonight so I decided that that was where I would start looking for him.

On the way there I got to thinking about something else. Victor, the Prince of the city, had promised Michael that he could embrace me when I became old enough. What was Michael going to say when he found out that I was in live with a Malkavian? He would probably go right through the ceiling.

By the time I got to Michaels house up on Chandler, I was more than just a bit nervous about seeing him.

I rang the door bell and waited. A few moments later the door opened, Olympus stood in the door frame blocking the entrance. "Evening Olympus, is Michael here? I really need to talk to him."

"He's down stairs with his guests, follow me."

With that the great hulk of a man turned around and led me down a spiral staircase into the lower portions of the house. I could hear the soft sounds of the chamber music that michael seemed to like so much (though hardly my taste of music).

When we got to the bottom of the stairs Olypmus told me to wait there as he walked over to the small knot of people near the bar. "Master, pardon the intrusion, but there is someone here to see you." Olympus made a gesture in my direction.

Michael excused himself from the group he was talkign to and came over to where I was waiting. "Armond, this is a surprise, what are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you about something that happened tonight, and I suppose I will also need to talk to Victor over there as well. Can the three of us go into another room where we can talk in private?"

Michael had a look on his face that was sort of a mix between worry, concern, and compassion. "Sure, why don't you head over there into the other room, and I'll go get Victor and we'll be right in." With that he turned around and went back to the bar to get Victor.

The two of them came into the room scant moments after me.

"Michael tells me that there is something that you want to talk to the two of us about." Victor stated without preamble. I guess that being the Prince does have its advantages. Victor motioned for us all to have seats.

"Yes my liege, something happened earlier tonight that I never expected to happen." oh jeez.

***End Chapter***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home