Monday, November 01, 2004

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

---Armonds perspective---

The look I received from the two of them is kind of hard to describe, it was kind of a look of combined concern and confusion.

"Michael, Victor, I've fallen in love."

They looked at each other and then back at me, "So what's the problem with that?" Michael asked me with a bemused expression on his face.

I paused for just a second, "It's not so much the fact that I've fallen in love as much as who I've fallen for. I don't know what you two will think or how the kindred society will take it when they find out. Especially since I've been promised to you Michael."

"Is it a member of another clan and you no longer wish to be brought into the Toreador clan?"

"Yes and no. Yes, it is a member of another clan, but I still want to be Toreador. Which is another question: how can things work out with us being in different clans?"

Victor looked at me and smiled, "I don't really see much of a problem then. The Toreadors tend to get along well with all the other clans here, so I don't see any concern there. It's not like you're Gangrel and fell in love with a Brujah." Victor chuckled. "Why don't you start by telling us who it is and we'll just go from there."

I looked at the two kindred and then down at my shoes. After a moment of silence I finally spoke. "It's Geri, Pasteur's new childer."

The three of us sat in silence for a few moments, I in shame, Victor and Michael with their jaws on the ground.

"A Malkavian??? You've fallen for a Malkavian???" Michael exclaimed, dumfounded. Victor started to snicker at Michael’s reaction.

"Maybe it's because the madness hasn't taken him yet," I tried to explain, "maybe it's because I was his first, maybe it's because he still has so much of his humanity still. I just don't know why, but YES, I've fallen in love with a MALKAVIAN!"

Michael looked at me with an expression that I could not read. "Well, I did make a comment earlier when they were here that he should have been brought into clan Toreador. He does have an eye for art. I suppose there are worse people that you could have fallen for. So don't beat yourself up over it."

I looked at Victor and he just nodded his head in agreement with what Michael had said. I was kind of stunned for a second. I must say that I was a bit surprised that they were not making a fuss over this, if not because of him being in a different clan, then because he was a he.

"Ok, so you don't care that he is a member of another clan?"

"Nope."

"ok, then what about the fact that he's a he?"

Victor and Michael both let out a chuckle. Victor looked at me with a huge grin on his face, "Do you know how old I am Armond?" I shook my head in the negative. "It has been just over 800 years since my embrace. In that time, I have had dozens even hundreds of lovers. Both male and female. Kindred society does not have the same hang-ups about sexuality that mortal society does. I think you'll find that the majority of Kindred are what the outside world
would label as 'Bisexual' but we don't use labels here. We just are. We don't worry about who we fall in love with, or what sex they are. When you live as long as we do, you come to realize that there are much more important things to worry about than sexual labels."

"He's right Armond; I too have had many lovers of both sexes in the 400 years since I was brought across. Taking lovers from both sexes is especially prevalent amongst the Toreador."

I must say that I was a tiny bit shocked to hear them make these confessions to me. I never would have thought that either of them would have ever been in any kind of gay relationship.

"The question is," Michael continued, "is does he know and share your feelings?"

Ahh yes, I thought, the million dollar question. "I don't know. I haven't seen him since I gave him his first feeding earlier tonight. I heard them talking about crashing your party so I thought I might be able to catch him here and talk to him, but I guess I missed him."

Victor put his hand on my shoulder, "Relax, you just missed them by maybe 15 minutes. I have no idea where they may have gone after leaving here though. You're best bet might be to try and catch them at Pasteur's house. Do you know where it is?"

I thought for a moment, trying to remember. I had only been there once. "I'm not sure. I've only been there once, and of course it was dark at the time. Guess I need to start getting used to doing things in the dark and start paying more attention to things." I said with a little chuckle.

"Might not be a bad idea." Victor chuckled with me. "Come on, I was about to head out anyway so I'll take you over there."

"Thank you Victor, I really appreciate that"

"By the way Armond, how old are you now?"

"I'm 17. I'll be 18 in about 3 more months."

"Ahh, so are you ready to be brought across? In 3 more months you will be old enough to be brought into Kindred society." Victor asked with what I could only describe as a 'paternal' look on his face and in his tone.

"Yes, I'm ready right now. I have no family that would miss me, and no reason why I could not be embraced right now." Ok, so maybe that sounded a bit too excited.

Victor snickered and looked at me, then at Michael, then back to me again. "When you turn 18, you come see Michael and let him know. It is one of our unwritten laws that nobody under the age of 18 be brought across. When you turn 18 though... I hereby give Michael standing permission that on that day he may embrace you if that is what you still wish in 3 months time. He will not need to ask me first, he can just do it. Though you will still need to present yourself to me afterwards so that I can officially recognize you as Kindred."

"Thank you sire." Michael and I both said at the same time.

"Now, if there is not anything more young Armond, I suggest that we be going and let Michael get back to his other guests."

"No sir, that was about it. Except, thank you both for your understanding in this."

"Don't think any more about it." Michael said and stepped to open the door back to the downstairs room where guests to patiently awaiting his return.

Victor and I then stepped out of the small room. Victor took his leave of the others and we went upstairs. Olympus handed Victor his hat and top coat while he opened the door to let the two of us out. We went down the front steps and into the back seat of Victors waiting car. A few minutes later we arrived at Pasteur's home. I thanked Victor again for both his understanding, the ride, and for his permission for me to join the Toreador's. After I closed the car door and headed towards the house, the car pulled away.

I walked up to the front door and knocked. I waited a sew seconds and then knocked again. No answer. I guess they have not gotten home yet, and there is no telling how long they may be gone. I had no idea what time it was or how long until sun rise, so, since I had nothing better to do I decided to just sit down on the porch and await their return.

***End Chapter***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home